Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring is in the air and that means Ball Season!!!


this Friday I would like to share with you a chocolate cake recipe that I use quite often. I got this recipe from the mom of a friend. It has become one my most requested. 


Grandmother´s Chocolate Cake

2 cups flour

2 cups sugar

3/4 cup cocoa

1 cup vegetable oil

1 cup milk

1 cup hot coffee

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

Sift dry ingredients. Add coffee, milk, oil, eggs and vanilla. Batter will be very thin. Makes a large 9x13 or 2-9" round cakes. Bake 350° for 1 hour.


The cake in this picture was made for my son´s coach´s Birthday! Cake-Grandmother´s Chocolate Cake. The shirt itself is homemade fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...