Friday, October 8, 2010

A cup of Java


This weeks entry for Foodie Friday comes with a story! Last year the embassy community said farewell to a wonderful family-who were being transfered to Turkey. The Caseys---all 4 of them wonderful people. A good friend and co-worker of Tim´s decided to give them a farewell party and enlisted my help. My answer-a send off-türkish style!!! We had all sorts of wonderful dishes from home made Hummus to Lamb. Throw in some decorations-open some bottles of good wine---invite a great group and you have everything you need for a great party. ANYWAY, as a thank you the Casey´s sent me a care package from Instanbul---which leads me to my entry--TÜRKISH COFFEE.

Although both my husband and I know how to brew a regular cup of java--we had never had türkish coffee-three cheers for the internet and the web site CoffeeGeek(http://coffeegeek.com/guides/turkishcoffee)-with the directions printed out-we embarked on a new adventure---and what do you know-minutes later we sat down and enjoyed our first cup of Java Joe-türkish style.

Thanks Casey Family for coming into our lives! The world is small and I have the faith that one day we will all meet again!











Wishing everyone a happy Friday! Please take a moment-enjoy a cup of Java and visit other Foodies!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...