Thursday, June 28, 2012

Amigos!



Viva La Mexico....

Yes it was that time again....time for homemade tortillas, guacomole and pico del Gallo, taco chicken and sooo much more.

2 years ago, I invited 2 Families to dinner... I had never met them before, but they were both friends with a college friend of mine and were new to Berlin. I had asked my college friend what should I cook and Jennifer suggested that mexican food was the way to go! The evening was a total success and the 2 new friendships were formed.. One glitsch was desert, I had found a recipe for mexican fried ice cream, except that I did not catch the part that you actually had to "fry the ice cream"!! :)

The past 2 years have been pretty cool--we have done lunches, celebrated birthdays, drank lots of coffees and gotten to know each other. But, as we all know, all good things come to an end and so these 2 families are now leaving Berlin for new adventures one to California and the other family to Munich. Lucky for me, the third family in the group will still be with me for one more year.

I thought it fitting to celebrate our last dinner together just like we celebrated the first--with a mexican feast  and this the mexican ice cream was fried!













The pepper pinatas are home crafted and filled with m&m´s!






our new outdoor kitchen! 


and  this is Baby Frank....or Franzl as I like to call him. 


Happy Tablescape Thursday Everyone! Be sure to stop by

Between Naps on the Porch  for more great tables



WED. NIGHT'S LET'S DISH!

Join me each Sunday for my weekly party

Centerpiece Wednesdays Button

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and fun!! I Love it all. Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday and share your ideas!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...