Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ronald Mac Donald House in Berlin

Check this out---the cake I made for the American Womans Club Generation Bingo Event was featured in the newsletter of the Ronald Mac Donald House!!!!




http://www.mcdonalds-kinderhilfe.org/was-wir-machen/ronald-mcdonald-haeuser/berlin/aktuelles/archiv-rmh-berlin-wedding/bingo-eine-kreative-spendenaktion-2012/

Now how cool is that?

I am not a big volunteer person, but the one charity I do try to help support through being a member of the American Womans Club is the Ronald Mac Donald House. So many families are able to find comfort and help by living in this house when their child is fighting an illness at the Charite just down the road. At one visit, there were 2 little ones waiting for a new heart---tears come to my eyes when I think about those 2 children, the one boy we met--such a good looking little boy. I had left the house that evening so frustrated and upset with my then 15 year old, I returned to my home grateful that my obnoxious teenager is a healthy one.



3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...