Sunday, August 5, 2012

Strawberry Cake

Happy Birthday Oma! 

How cool is it be 90!





I had all the planning for my mother in laws 90th birthday set......except the cake. I just could not decide what kind of cake to make. I knew the typical american cake would not be quite what oma was looking for, so, just a few days before the party, my girlfriend Petra Düwel shared a recipe with me...said it was the best ever and so I tried it! And yes this is one of the best cakes I have ever had. Not the easiest cake to slice, but it is sooooooooo good that you do not mind it not looking pretty once sliced! The best--no baking required!

Strawberry-Cream Cheese Cake

Ingredients:

140 grams Butter
200 grams butter cookies
300 grams cream cheese
100 grams powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons Milk
100 grams almonds
600 grams strawberries
500 grams cream
1 pkg vanilla sugar
1 Tablespoon Sugar

Directions:

1. Melt butter and crush the butter cookies. Mix well. Spread on the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan.
2. Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk. Spread on top of buttercookie/butter mixture.
3. Grind the almonds and spread on top of cream cheese mixture and chill cake.
4. Slice strawberries and whip the cream.
5. Distribute the strawberries on the cake and cover with whipped cream---chill for 8 hours (believe me you really need to do this!)
6 Decorate with a few strawberries and serve

Happy New Recipe Sunday!














No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...