Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pizza on the Grill...YEA BABY

OMG, I think this was the best pizza I have ever had, if I do say so myself. As you may know, I have this magazine called "Pizza on the Grill". It is filled with wonderful pizza recipes and yesterday I finally got around to trying out another one of the recipes.

This week.......Kansas City BBQ Chicken Pizza.

The magazine says Kansas City is known for its BBQ Sauce, did not know that! Well, I am a little bit too far away to get some of Kansas City´s best, so I used the bbq sauce I had in the fridge(also very good).  The recipe called to grill the chicken first, so I used my secret rub and a little bit of olive oil. Oh it smelled so good, and since I was the grill master and not my husband...the chicken turned out perfect. While the chicken was on the grill, we prepared the pizza dough. My 17 year old son stepped and rescued the poor dough as I was tortuing the dough and he has worked at a pizza place.....

Once the chicken was sliced and the pizza dough was grilled on one side, we covered the pizza with sauce, topped it with chicken and grated colby jack cheese(thanks Miss Kim!). The job was finished with sliced red onions and orange bell pepper slices.

About 15 minutes later.........perfection. Served with a side salad and a great bottle of vino and we had a perfect evening.







You can buy the magazine at amazon.com :

http://www.amazon.com/Pizza-Grill-2012-Publishers-Cooking/dp/B009HQEDUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374422991&sr=8-1&keywords=pizza+on+the+grill+from+fine+cooking




Happy " New Recipe Sunday" Enjoy the recipe and hope to see you all next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...