Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!



Happy Halloween Everyone! My favorite season is upon us......Autumn! I must tell you i was not always a fan of this season....I found it depressing and sad. But I guess you could say I have grown into it and now I can not imagine anything better than spending the day outside enjoying the sun and marveling at the fall colors. It just so happens, that my favorite holiday takes place in autumn.....HALLOWEEN! Halloween used to be a foreign concept to germans...they had no idea why we americans would take a pumpkin and carve it and stick a candle in it instead of chopping the thing up to make all sorts of treats! Back in 1991 when we hosted our first party, I had to have the costums and decorations flown in from Chicago, now lots of years later I am able to get everything I need right here in Berlin.(maybe we should have a party? Tonight is a school night so no chance of any sort of party, but my family and I are going to have a the pumpkins glowing, enjoy hot dogs and the grill and maybe even some smores at the fire pit. Life is good and I am going to do my best to enjoy it!


Happy Halloween 2013!

 




Mike and Klaus carving pumpkins.....(last night, we made it just in time for Halloween)#






not the best quality from a photographers stand point.....still think it is sooo coool







you got to love Ikea and the local home improvement store.....they sold orange and black bulbs for Christmas!!!!









Posting to Tablescape Thursday and the Tablescaper



Tablescape Thursday

The Tablescaper




4 comments:

  1. I love the many colors on your table, especially your plate stack and the orange napkins with those pretty napkin rings. I also like the way you have the orange flowers winding down the middle of your table. Very, very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful details on the table...love them all. Those skull goblets are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Halloween table. So filled with detail.

    Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...